* We have 3 membership types:
1) Individual Membership - $55 for 1 year
2) Household Membership - $80 for 1 year (for families living in the same house)
3) Student Membership - $25 for 1 year (please provide a copy of their student ID to qualify for this rate)
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
You automatically become a member of the National Capital Area Inter-League Organization, LWV Virginia and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications. You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
Contact us at 757-627-3396 or
Email: email the League. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
If you prefer to donate to us without joining our organization, we would appreciate your support.